My Parliamentary staff are always happy to arrange tours of the Houses of Parliament for constituents who are visiting London, subject, of course to Parliamentary business (which can sometimes restrict access) on the day.
A full tour of the Palace of Westminster takes in Sovereign's Entrance, Norman Porch, Royal Gallery, Prince's Chamber, the House of Lords Chamber, Central Lobby, Voting Lobby, Members' Lobby, the House of Commons Chamber, St Stephen's Hall and Westminster Hall.
Due to the strong demand for these tours, it is best to get in touch at least 3 months before your planned visit.
Central Office Tours can be arranged during the following days:
- Mondays 09.00 to 12 noon Full Tours
- Tuesdays 09.00 to 10.30 noon Full Tours
- Wednesdays 09.00 to 09.32 for Full Tours - 9.36 to 12 noon Partial Tours (Lords Only)
- Thursdays No Tours
- Fridays 15.30 to 17.00 Full Tours
- Non-sitting Fridays 09.30-17.00
- Easter and Spring Weekdays 09.30 - 17.00
- Whitsun Recess Weekdays 09.30 - 17.00
Christmas / New Year Closed from the rise of both Houses to after the New Year Holiday
Prorogation - There will be no tours during this period
- August - Wednesdays 09.30 to 12 noon
- September - Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 09.30 to 12 noon
There are no tours on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Please note that other closures may be announced at short notice due to Parliamentary business.
We can also arrange for groups of up to 16 people to climb the Clock Tower (Big Ben), however, this must be booked at least 2 months in advance due to strong demand.
The Parliamentary Education Service also runs a year-round programme of visits and workshops for school groups from KS2 to KS5.