Angela meets the Owls
“As one of the city’s MPs I am pleased that once again the city has a club in the championship after what was one of the most exciting league seasons Sheffield football as seen in a long while with both the Owls and the Blades chasing promotion.As a Wednesday fan I am delighted it was Wednesday who gained promotion to the Championship, with just one more step to go before the club gets backs to where we all want to be, the Premiership. As a city it’s important we have football clubs playing at the highest level. It not only brings prestige but also income to the city.
Well done Wednesday on getting to the Championship, hopefully it won’t be too before the blades get there too.”
A full tour of the Palace of Westminster takes in Sovereign's Entrance, Norman Porch, Royal Gallery, Prince's Chamber, the House of Lords Chamber, Central Lobby, Voting Lobby, Members' Lobby, the House of Commons Chamber, St Stephen's Hall and Westminster Hall.
Due to the strong demand for these tours, it is best to get in touch at least 3 months before your planned visit.
Central Office Tours can be arranged during the following days:
- Mondays 09.00 to 12 noon Full Tours
- Tuesdays 09.00 to 10.30 noon Full Tours
- Wednesdays 09.00 to 09.32 Full Tours 9.36 to 12 noon Partial Tours (Lords Only)
- Thursdays No Tours
- Fridays 15.30 to 17.00 Full Tours
- Non-sitting Fridays 09.30-17.00
- Christmas / New Year Closed from the rise of both Houses to after the New Year Holiday
- Easter and Spring Weekdays 09.30 - 17.00
- Whitsun Recess Weekdays 09.30 - 17.00
- Prorogation - There will be no tours during this period
- August - Wednesdays 09.30 to 12 noon
- September - Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 09.30 to 12 noon
There are no tours on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays. Please note that other closures may be announced at short notice due to Parliamentary business.
We can also arrange for groups of up to 16 people to climb the Clock Tower (Big Ben), however this must be booked at least 2 months in advance due to strong demand.
The Parliamentary Education Service runs a year-round programme of visits and workshops for school groups from KS2 to KS5.
Places until December 2012 are fully booked, but booking for visits January-March 2013 opens from 8.30am on 17th October. To get in touch with the Education Unit, call 020 7219 4496, or visit their website.